Rules and Information
Past Poster Winners
Sponsored by the Indiana District Employee Association and local SWCD's (updated rules and deadlines, 4-5-22)
1. Posters are to have the current year NACD Poster Contest Entry Form on the back of the poster and no identifying information on the front. The entry form can be found on the NACD Website.
2. Posters MUST have the current year NACD Theme in entirety on the front.
3. All entries to the state this year (2022) will be in a digital format (sent via email as a .jpeg file). All Local to State submissions are due, via email, the first Friday of June, by 11:59 pm EST.
Tips for a good digital submission:
4. There will be five (5) divisions: K-1, 2-3, 4-6, 7-9 and 10-12.
5. Posters will be judged on: conservation message, 50%; visual effectiveness, 30%; originality, 10% and universal appeal, 10%.
6. The poster receiving the most points in each of the five divisions will receive a cash award of $100 from the Indiana Districts Employees Associations. IDEA will issue the funds to the appropriate local SWCD for distribution to the winner(s).
7. The winning posters in each division will be displayed in the Pathways to Water Quality exhibit at the Indiana State Fair. Each State Winner will receive two (2) complimentary state fair tickets so they may visit the Pathways to Water Quality exhibit and see their poster on display.
8. Indiana will continue to follow the NACD theme and rules until such a time as NACD no longer promotes the poster contest.
9. Rules and Resources for the National Contest can be found at: https://www.nacdnet.org/general-resources/stewardship-and-education-materials/contests/
10. Counties submitting entries for state judging must use the NACD “Local to State Form”.
For additional information contact:
Eric Shideler, Vermillion County SWCD, email@example.com or 765-492-3705