Rules and Information
Past Poster Winners
Sponsored by the Indiana District Employee Association and local SWCD's
1. Posters are to have the current year NACD Poster Contest Entry Form on the back of the poster and no identifying information on the front. The entry form can be found on the NACD Website.
2. Posters MUST have the current year NACD Theme in entirety on the front.
3. Posters are to be received at the IASWCD office at 225 S East Street, Suite 142, Indianapolis, IN 46202 by the first (1st) Friday in June. Posters should be mailed flat.
4. Posters become the property of the IDEA but all efforts will be made to return the posters to the students.
5. There will be five (5) divisions: K-1, 2-3, 4-6, 7-9 and 10-12.
6. Only one (1) submission per division is allowed for state and national judging.
7. Posters will be judged using NACD recommended scoring rubric:
50 pts Conservation Message
30 pts Visual Effectiveness
10 pts Orginiality
10 pts University appeal
8. An alphabet letter will be placed on the front of each poster for identification purposes during judging.
9. The poster receiving the highest overall score in each division will receive a cash award of $100 from I.D.E.A.
10. In case of a tie, the poster receiving the highest score for Conservation Message will be the winner.
11. The winning poster in each division will be sent electronically to National Association of Conservation Districts (NACD) for national poster judging. State submissions are due to NACD by December 1st of each year.
12. National winners will be showcased at the NACD Annual Meeting. National winners will be announced by NACD.
Eric Shideler, Vermillion Co SWCD
IDEA Poster Committee Chair